Why rent a car in Billund?
когда лишают прав за легкий вред государственное управление экономикой необходимость правовое регулирование судебной власти строится на дарение родственнику что за статья 45 налогового кодекса российской федерации могу прописаться с детьми у родителей выписать несовершеннолетнего ребенка понятие и виды представительства в суде приказ об обязанностях инженера по от на 28 неделе в декретный отпуск обязаности судей общего суда рб проезд под знак к месту работы необходимость отражения счетфактуры в договоре на услуги в рк раздел имущества у нотариуса мировое соглашение ответственность органов местного самоуправления
- The area around Billund is great fishing territory, and this is best accessed by car.
- Billund has no railway station, so if you don’t rent a car, you will have to take a bus to get anywhere.
- Buses from Billund are generally slow and irregular.
- Legoland might be Billund’s most famous attraction, but that will probably only keep you occupied for a day. Even though there are other summer attractions in Billund, a rental car is going to make it much easier to explore the rest of the Jutland peninsular.
- Rent a car in Billund and drive to other cities in Western Denmark, such as Aalborg, Arhus, Esbjerg and Odense.
- Visit nearby Vejle, and enjoy its stunning modern architecture and shopping facilities, which include a great mix of old and new.
- Rent a car to access the many golf courses which are available around Billund.
- A car is ideal to explore the coastal areas in the West of Jutland, including Ringkobing Fjord and Nissum Fjord – although these fjords are shallow, and nothing like as spectacular as the fjords in Norway.
- Enjoy the white sandy beaches on Denmark’s west coast.
- Visit the Jelling Stones, and learn about the legend of Harald Bluetooth. Bluetooth is strongly identified with the creation of Denmark as a nation state and making warring tribes speak to each other, hence the origin of the Bluetooth mobile networking system.
- Flights to Billund are often much cheaper than flights to Copenhagen, as Billund is a major Ryanair base, and Copenhagen airport has traditionally been associated with high cost airlines, especially as Ryanair no longer operate flights into nearby Malmö, Sweden.
- Billund might not be much of an alternative to Copenhagen for a short weekend break, but flying into Billund as an alternative to Copenhagen and picking up a rental car at Billund airport will certainly give you many more options for exploring Denmark as a whole, rather than just the capital city.
- The drive from Billund to Copenhagen is 261 km, and should take just under three hours. This will include a trip across the fantastic great Belt link. If you are visiting Billund to appreciate Danish toy design, you might aswell appreciate Danish bridge design at the same time.
- Driving in Denmark is generally trouble-free — the roads are well engineered, spotlessly maintained, and traffic jams are rare.
- Hiring a car in Billund and driving to Copenhagen will probably be cheaper than taking a bus (to Vejle) and train, and you won’t have the hassle of changing.
- If you are arriving from outside Europe, and visiting the West of Denmark, save time by avoiding Copenhagen airport and flying to Billund via Amsterdam with KLM.
- English is widely spoken, so you should not have a problem with road signs or getting directions.
- You are in Denmark. Public transport is well integrated, walking and cycling is a pleasure!
- There is no need at all to hire a car just to visit Legoland — Billund airport was primarily built to serve the Lego company, and is just a short bus or taxi ride from Legoland.
- Easy bus connections are available to nearby Vejle from both Billund town centre and Billund airport, taking around 45 minutes. Cost (as of November 2009) 65 Danish kroner (approximately £9).
- From Vejle, regular trains are available to Odense and Copenhagen, and also up to Arhus and Aalborg.
- Why not spend a little bit of time in Billund itself, and see how a toy has influenced the real life town. Billund is easily walkable.
- As is the case throughout Scandinavia, there are plenty of cycle paths to explore radiating out from Billund.
- If you are interested in city environments, take the bus & train to Odense, and explore the famous system of linked parks that the city offers. This is naturally best done on foot or better still on a bike – so leave the hire car at the airport!
- Population: 6,000
- Station: no
- High Speed Rail: no
- Metro: no
- Tram: no
- Cycle scheme: no
- Ferry / water trips: no
- Useful info: Visit Billund
- Legoland: http://www.legoland.dk
- Billund airport: http://www.billund-airport.com/
- Danish Railways (and bus info from Billund to Vejle)
- See our partner website, Flightmapping.com for advice on finding flights to Billund and the rest of Denmark from the UK.
Simply because hiring a car at Billund airport is going to give you the widest flexibility to see different destinations, unless you really are just here to visit Legoland.